Are you taking gabapentin or pregabalin? Brand names include Lyrica, Alzain, Neurontin
The changes outlined below came in to affect from 1st April 2019.
These changes follow a Government consultation because of concerns around misuse and will mean that these drugs become CONTROLLED DRUGS
What does this mean for me?
There will be changes to the following:
- Prescriptions will expire 28 days from the date on the prescription
- Any pharmacy ‘owings’ must be collected by the prescription expiry
- Quantities will be reduced to a maximum of 30 days, only 30 days’ supply is allowed on one prescription
- Electronic prescribing cannot be used
- You will need proof of identity to collect from a pharmacy
- You will need to sign when collecting your prescription
- Emergency supplies and loans cannot be made from pharmacies if you run out
For the latest information, please click the following links Pregabalin and Gabapentin WBCCG