* Please be reassured that you will be contacted when it is your turn for the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) vaccine, depending on the deliveries of the vaccine. Please make sure we have your up-to-date phone number as we will ring you with details of your appointment
* Remember, the vaccine is only available from the NHS and is free of charge. The NHS will never ask you for details about your bank account or to pay for the vaccine. Please let vulnerable family and friends know
*If you have had your COVID-19 vaccine at a hospital or vaccination centre please send us a message through askmyGP or ring the Surgery, so we don’t ring you to make an appointment.
*Please DO NOT ring the Surgery to try and book an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine, as we are under the guidance given by NHS England and the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation: advice on priority groups for COVID-19 vaccination please click for details of the order in which the vaccine will be offered.
*Latest information can be found on the GOV UK website, under the sections ‘Consent forms and letters’ and ‘Leaflets and posters’
COVID-19 vaccine clinics
If you or your family member or the person you care for have an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine, Samiira or Ellen will have discussed over the phone, the information you need, when they booked your appointment.
- Consent forms, patient letters, patient information leaflets and advice can be found on the GOV UK website.
The COVID-19 vaccine is NOT being done at Elliott Street Surgery.
The vaccines are being delivered to a local central location, where there are facilities for the cold storage of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Where to go for your COVID-19 vaccine appointment
The vaccination centre is at: Leigh Leisure Centre, Leigh Campus, Sale Way, Leigh Sports Village, Leigh, WN7 4JY (directions as below)
There will be staff at the entrance greeting people.
Directions by car:
- Drive down Sale Way, the Leigh Sports Village stadium will be on your left and Morrison’s on your right.
- Follow the road to the very end and Car Park 1 is on the left.
- Look out for the NHS vaccination clinic signs to help you.
After the COVID-19 vaccine, there is a 15 minute observation period, so please plan your return journey accordingly.
Please do not turn up at Leigh Leisure Centre without an appointment.